I have many customers ask how they need to dress their body. Or, they say, "I can't wear that because my thighs and hips are too big." These comments have sparked me to write this post. Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to discuss the different body types. In this post, I am going to focus on a petite pear shape. Don't worry, I will cover all shapes in great detail.
First things first, let’s define a pear shape. If you have a pear shape, your body generally has the following characteristics:
1. Your hips are larger than your bust, and your hips are wider than your shoulders. In many cases, your hips are the widest point of your body.
2. You have a nicely defined waist.
3. You have an elegant neck and proportionately slim arms and shoulders.
4. You first gain weight in your bottom and legs followed by your stomach and upper body.
5. You have round, sloping shoulders.
6. Your butt and thighs are full and round.
You want to select styles that fit well and give you a graceful, slender, elongated appearance. When looking for clothes, your goal should be to create an hourglass-like silhouette. You can achieve this two ways:
1. Balance your narrow shoulders. This is going to make you appear taller.
2. Draw attention to your narrow waistline
What to look for in tops:
1. A fitted tailored top is more flattering on a petite woman than a loose and slouchy blouse. A slouchy top overwhelms the small frame of a short person. Tailored pieces create definition around your narrow shoulders and draw attention to your small waistline.
A great example is our navy blouse with front darts and 3/4 sleeves.
2. Use the neckline to visually expand your shoulders and create the illusion of a wider top. The most flattering neckline designs for you are boat neck, v-neck and off-the-shoulder. They create space around your neck and make your shoulders look less narrow.
Try this v-neck drapped sleeve blouse.
3. Your slender waist is your valuable asset. You should emphasize it and make that the focal point of your outfit. Wrap tops are perfect for this. Another way to achieve this is by adding a belt to any basic, knit, or sleeveless tops. Blouses with built-in waistbands also serve the same purpose of highlighting your slender waist.
There is more to come but we are going to save that for the next post.
Happy shopping my friends!